Dandylion Music Talk: What Are You Listening To Or Watching Today?

Date: September 19th 2021

For some reason Iron Butterfly always brings Sean Bonniwell’s (R.I.P.) Music Machine minus the one black leather glove to my mind.

Seems like we are all busy with life and its byproducts these days. Watched a rather interesting horror of sorts last night.

1974: La Posesion de Altair. A Mexican "found footage film" involving a young couple that has disappeared. I am not a big fan of found footage films but always seem to get sucked in to watching them. The film is set in 1974, Altair and her husband Manuel have a good marriage until Altair begins to have dreams and claims she has been visited by angels. They instruct her to build a doorway in their bedroom and in their basement. Things get increasingly bizarre for the couple as Manuel is not sure how to deal with his crazy wife and he involves her sister and a friend as things get progressively worse. Weird phone calls, birds dive bombing their house to name a couple. This film was shot on Super8 film to give it that grainy aged look. This is a Cauldron release that comes with a soundtrack like anyone would care but the film does have its moments. I would give this a 4.75 on a scale of 1 to 10. Expected a bit more for the ending but a watchable film. I have about 20 new purchases to watch but need to catch up.

Garry

Reminder, to post either a reply or a new thread please just reply to this email. I'll do the rest as soon as I can!

Also, for those on Gmail, these messages may show up in your Gmail "Promotions Tab" (which is totally unaccessable from most phones.

Solution? Log in to Gmail on a computer, find a Dandylion message in your promotions tab, drag it to your "primary tab", & when prompted ask Gmail to always deliver messages from this list to your "primary tab".

Your friends can now sign up to join us here:

https://dandylionrecords.com/cgi-bin/dada/extensions/multiple_subscribe.cgi

Geff

• This mailing list is a public mailing list - anyone may join or leave, at any time.
  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Music & Film Discussion List

Privacy Policy:

Email addresses from this board will not be sold.